Normaali aihe VEF Super KB416 Wehrmacht (Luettu 2013 kertaa)
KILROY
YaBB Newbies
Poissa

VEF Super KB416 Wehrmacht
22.06.2022 klo 08:28:52
Tulosta viesti  
Hello Gents, My name is Mike and I live in NY. I've collected WW2 Militaria for over 50 years and recently found a Latvian made Radio that was made for the Wehrmacht.  I desperately need help finding some parts so that I can restore the radio. I am not a Tech but a good friend and fellow collector is doing the actual restoration for me. It is a VEFSuper KB416 , a Battery operated set. I will attach a few pictures of my Radio here so you can see it. Also , if you are on Facebook , I did a Post on my page about the radio with extra pictures ..here is the link https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.7591389360903373&type=3 . From what little I have been able to read about it The Latvian Company VEF supplied these not only to German Military but also exported 3000 to 4000 of them to Finland and to Sweden during the War. After the war , the Soviets confiscated anything that was made for or belonged to the German Army (which included these radios) so I have been told that finding one in Latvia today is impossible. That means my only hope is , that I can find one in Finland. One thing that might help me is , VEF also made a civilian version of this radio before the war so , maybe I could find one of those. The main parts I need are the internal mechanical Tuning wheels that hold and move the string ..VEF used cheap wartime metal which has turned to dust and pieces . Do you know of any collectors in Finland or a collectors page in Finland who I can reach out to ? Or maybe a used parts dealer I could contact for the parts I need ? Please let me know since any help or advice from you would be appreciated. https://prnt.sc/xG_n4z0-wc-2
« Viimeksi muokattu: 22.06.2022 klo 08:59:23 Kirjoittaja KILROY »  
Sivun alkuun

IP kirjattu

KILROY
YaBB Newbies
Poissa

Re: VEF Super KB416 Wehrmacht
Vastaus #1 - 22.06.2022 klo 08:46:24
Tulosta viesti  
I also need an LFO Volume/on-off combo switch for a Radione R3 , I'll do a post on that later

Sivun alkuun

IP kirjattu

Lasse Nirhamo
God Member
Poissa

SRHS #12

Sijainti: Nurmes
Vastaus #2 - 22.06.2022 klo 14:33:57
Tulosta viesti  
Greetings Mike
Here are two top experts, please contact us

Atis Brikmanis            oldradio@apollo.lv
Zenonas Langaitis    zenonas.langaitis@gmail.com

https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/vef_vefsuper_kb416.html

Ystävällisesti Lasse - Radiohistorian parissa jo vuodesta 1951
Sivun alkuun

IP kirjattu

LGL.
God Member
Poissa

Vastaus #3 - 01.07.2022 klo 16:25:42
Tulosta viesti  
Did you ever got any help from the sites above? Although I'm not able to help with spare parts, you'll find more infos concerning this set in the Austrian magazine RadioBote as you perhaps  already have been acquainted with, : https://www.nonstopsystems.com/radio/pdf-hell/article-radiobote-truppenempf.pdf
LGL

Sivun alkuun

IP kirjattu

RJL
God Member
Poissa

SRHS 612

Vastaus #4 - 01.07.2022 klo 22:01:43
Tulosta viesti  
Mike seems to be a genuine and true member, at least his IP refers to NY, but he has not been logged in to the forum since his first messages.

Reijo Liljedahl - SRHS 612 - OH3AVA - SDXL 8092
Sivun alkuun

IP kirjattu

KILROY
YaBB Newbies
Poissa

Vastaus #5 - 02.09.2022 klo 23:28:59
Tulosta viesti  
Hi RJL ....for some reason I never received a notice from the Forum saying I had a reply  ..I'll check my settings. So sorry about the delay here. My friend (who is a Technician) finally opened my VEF and , closed it back up fast (UGH) ..he said that without the Wheel for the string and other Tuning Mechanism parts (including the tuning indicator arrow/bar) , there's nothing he can do. So ...I need the parts. What I was wondering was ..did VEF use the same parts for some of their Post War Radios ? If that wheel is the same on some 1947 radio , that might make it easier for me to find and bring mine back to life. He said many components are loose and even some wires are cut ..but I think a Schematic is on line for it. It's the parts I need. Thanks again   https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.7591389360903373&type=3

Sivun alkuun

IP kirjattu

KILROY
YaBB Newbies
Poissa

Vastaus #6 - 02.09.2022 klo 23:31:47
Tulosta viesti  
Lasse Nirhamo kirjoitti 22.06.2022 klo 14:33:57:
Greetings Mike
Here are two top experts, please contact us

Atis Brikmanis            oldradio@apollo.lv
Zenonas Langaitis    zenonas.langaitis@gmail.com

https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/vef_vefsuper_kb416.html

Thanks for this Lasse !! I'll reach out now  Hymiö

Sivun alkuun

IP kirjattu

KILROY
YaBB Newbies
Poissa

Vastaus #7 - 02.09.2022 klo 23:41:01
Tulosta viesti  
RJL kirjoitti 01.07.2022 klo 22:01:43:
Mike seems to be a genuine and true member, at least his IP refers to NY, but he has not been logged in to the forum since his first messages.

I just Emailed them both ...fingers crossed now , Thanks

Sivun alkuun

IP kirjattu

RJL
God Member
Poissa

SRHS 612

Vastaus #8 - 03.09.2022 klo 07:18:37
Tulosta viesti  
KILROY kirjoitti 02.09.2022 klo 23:28:59:
Hi RJL ....for some reason I never received a notice from the Forum saying I had a reply  ..I'll check my settings.

Unfortunately this forum does not notice you in any way when you are answered, you just have to visit the forum and check.

Reijo Liljedahl - SRHS 612 - OH3AVA - SDXL 8092
Sivun alkuun

IP kirjattu

KILROY
YaBB Newbies
Poissa

Vastaus #9 - 03.09.2022 klo 09:21:40
Tulosta viesti  
RJL kirjoitti 03.09.2022 klo 07:18:37:
KILROY kirjoitti 02.09.2022 klo 23:28:59:
Hi RJL ....for some reason I never received a notice from the Forum saying I had a reply  ..I'll check my settings.

Unfortunately this forum does not notice you in any way when you are answered, you just have to visit the forum and check.

Thanks RJL , I just learned that now when I decided to check in just in case and saw your reply.   ....I'm hoping someone has even a civilian version of the KB416 in parts, and is willing to sell it ..I won't give up yet lol

Sivun alkuun

IP kirjattu